About Me

"Setting the world to rights"...one blog at a time! Plus anything else that comes to mind

Saturday 17 July 2010

WOMAD comes to Malmesbury

WOMAD comes to Malmesbury next week when Charlton Park hosts the successful and, I'm told, really exciting event. After some problems in the first year it has been well run and organised; the organisers listening to the concerns of us locals to good effect. I hope the weather is as good for them this year as last because it makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of such outdoor events.

I haven't been there myself, I don't need to, I can hear the music from the comfort of my own home and as I'm not fond of crowds I don't feel the need to go for the ambience. I must admit to some curiosity and the thought of all the different world foods is a huge pull, but not compelling enough. Nevertheless, even I feel the excitement in Malmesbury while it's taking place and smile at the happy faces of the festival goers as they take the opportunity to visit our lovely town and stock up on essentials. I just hope the essentials this year don't turn out to be wellies and brollies as they were in the first year. Good luck WOMAD and have fun everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment