About Me

"Setting the world to rights"...one blog at a time! Plus anything else that comes to mind

Saturday 10 September 2011

Well...I never thought...

...I'd see the day when I'd be commenting on television programmes!

Torchwood! I can't believe what they've done! Sold it to the Americans! Normally I'd applaud this; M.A.S.H. (gotta be top of every dicerning person's list), Cheers!, Taken, their list of triumphs is unending. But O.M.G. as the youngsters would say...what are were they thinking of when they took over Torchwood?

I don't think there are enough exclamation marks left in the world to express how I feel!!!!!!

They've turned a fast-paced, riveting program into a tedious melodrama. (Exclamation mark (for 'dramatic effect!')!

ArgggggggggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Torchwood? I have not heard of it. Might it be called something else over here?

    (And I can't understand why you are upset. Haven't we have been stealing our best programs from you for years?)

    j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be 'Torchwood: Miracle Day'. It's a spin-off from Dr Who. The BBC first produced it but the show's makers didn't like the timing so went to the US for financing. Turned down by Fox but taken up by Starz. I've no objection to you guys stealing our programs if the BBC gets stuffy about producing it, I just don't like the way the character, 'feel', whatever, has been changed - it used to be fun. Feeling a little childish and sulky about it! I think I'll just go away and stamp my feet and have a tantrum.

    ReplyDelete